Qualifications for Recipients
- Be a resident of the Greater Cincinnati area (defined as the area within the boundary of Interstate 275) and be attending or planning to attend an accredited, non-proprietary college or university within the Greater Cincinnati, Northern Kentucky area, Miami University in Oxford, Ohio, or be a resident of Johnny’s home town of Binger, Oklahoma;
- Show proven financial need;
- Maintain a 2.5 grade point average on a scale of 4.9 throughout his/her college or university career;
- Have displayed during their high school careers both academic and athletic abilities;
- Be enrolled or plan to enroll as a full-time student.
Recipients are chosen by the Johnny Bench Scholarship Fund Advisory Board with the advice of the Cincinnati Scholarship Foundation. The amount of each award is determined jointly by the Johnny Bench Scholarship Fund Advisory Board and the Cincinnati Scholarship Foundation, but may not exceed $1,500 per academic year and shall be renewable at the beginning of each school year provided the recipient continues to meet all of the qualification requirements. The Johnny Bench Scholarship Fund is established with the Greater Cincinnati Foundation with Fifth Third Bank serving as Trustee.
How to Apply
Contact the Cincinnati Scholarship Foundation, 652 Main Street, 3rd Floor, Cincinnati, OH 45202, (513) 345-6701, in downtown Cincinnati for an application, or request one from a high school guidance counselor.
Complete the Cincinnati Scholarship Foundation’s online application by the third week in January.